Originally posted on 09/06/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
In the think tank, I started to get into how to manage money when you are treating it as a business and must pull a salary. I was against any form of Kelly betting, even fractional, and was advocating flat betting...that is flat risk.

You could start a bankroll with $1000 and wouldn't need to change your bet size but a dozen times or so, and you could get to $90,000.

The Kelly lovers didn't like my concept of fluctuating bets leading to higher vigorish and worse break even points. They chose to stay optimized, I argued they never really know the edge, so it's a risk. That risk is better for the long term portfolio concept. But as a business and to draw pay, you need a roll.

If you can win, money management, and minimizing the vig over time become very important.

kelly lovers can be narrow minded at times

for the stuff i bet, it's best to bet the max allowable... more than one way to skin a cat and more than one way to make money gambling

seems like many in this thread think hardly anyone wins, and the only bets you can make are straight bets on a side for a full game