Originally posted on 08/09/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
it's never going to happen on any scale especially since the big banks have already said they are going to copy it. So when users are given the option to buy bitcoin or just simply use their bank account, they will use their bank account. Consumers are a like water, they take the path of least resistance.

Also never going to happen for the same reason no one pays with gold coins when the bill comes.
I second Ace7550's opinion: this is already happening. For the last year plus, I've paid for everything in my life with bitcoin: from rent, to bars and restaurants, to clothes (business and casual) to bills to travel. Literally everything.

I just use a debit card, which anybody can get for ten bucks at Bitpay.com. Then you can transfer BTC into dollars onto your card in literally a couple of minutes, from any phone. You can use the card everywhere V I S A is accepted -- so basically everywhere -- or, if you prefer, withdraw the money in dollars from any ATM.

The tech already exists, we just need to get the word out to more good folks like yourself!