Originally posted on 05/23/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
i'm at coin base and only one can buy is eth lb and btcoin.
I'm surprised Coinbase has such a weak menu, given how long they've been around. If you're interested, it's super easy to register at Poloniex (you can probably get that done in 20 minutes), then you can just send them your coin, in whatever form you're currently holding.

4 days ago I opened a new portfolio titled "The World's Dumbest Investment Portfolio." Here are its rules: I bought .1 btc of the 7 cheapest coins listed at Polo. I did NO due diligence, I did NO research, I did NOTHING.

Instead of ranking the cheapest coins based on their market cap, which would make sense, I instead ranked them on their completely irrelevant 'per coin' price, because I know how good it feels to get thousands of coins for just a few hundred bucks. I realize it's irrational to feel better about getting thousands of cheap coins for the same amount of dollars as getting fewer, more expensive coins, but that's how I -- and I think most people -- tend to feel.

Guess what? It's up 40% in 4 days and I still don't have the faintest idea about any of these coins. I might not bother learning their names; I haven't decided yet. THAT'S how insane the alt coin world's become.