Originally posted on 05/02/2017:

Pence is just a right wing ideologue. If you oppose this ideology, America has survived presidents of this bent before.

I didn't like Trump before the election. I always thought he was a blowhard and essentially parlayed his TV fame with a black box business background into a perfect electoral storm to defeat a candidate that even supporters held their nose to vote for.

But just the past couple weeks. Anyone who has ever dealt with a family member who was afflicted by dementia/Alzheimers is shuddering watching this guy. The rambling incoherence. The lack of the most basic facts. His inability with that one interviewer to even just back up his comment where he called Obama "sick" by refusing the answer and then stomping away.

"Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated". REALLY? Ask anyone who ever was offered a choice of benefits at a job how complicated the forms were. That's one person at one job where you're guaranteed coverage. Now try to offer healthcare to 300 million with issues like abortion, religious freedoms, libertarian attitudes all debating what the final product should be. NOBODY knew?

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going....This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier." - REALLY????? This statement is not the reason I think he's (sadly) losing his mind, but sweet mary and jesus, he honestly thought it would be easier than branding your name, cutting ribbons, and hanging out on tv with Penn Gillette?

I despised GW Bush. But never did I think he was mentally incapable of doing the job. I may have felt like he was ill informed or dumb or whatnot, but never did I feel like he actually was suffering from a degradation of his capacities that seemed to be the hallmarks of a brain in disease decline.

I'll be amazed if, over the next 4 years, Trump doesn't step down, or if the 25th amendment isn't invoked.

So, while I am probably opposed to Pence on 90% of the issues. I absolutely think he would make a better president than DJT.