Originally posted on 11/07/2016:

Rant for the day guys. Better to blow off steam on the forum than to go postal outside of here.

So the previous two months we've had huge water bills $200 and $461. Obviously an issue so had the water meter changed but they said it was definitely a leak somewhere. Confused us all because no loss of water pressure to the house and no standing water anywhere on the property. Ended up hiring a guy to bring out and excavator to chase the lines. Found the source but in the process he snagged the buried coax line to the DirecTV dish. Walked inside and all receivers are out, shocker.

Call DTV to inform them that hey, we accidentally cut a buried line and need a service order put in to get someone out to replace it. The call center girl says okay great I can try and help you, are you near your main box to the Genie? I say no, I'm outside looking at a cut cable- which is why I called you. I needed a drink anyway so I entertain her and walk back into the house and into the office where the main box is located. She asked could I see an error message on the tv. I say yes, its the one that says satellite not receiving a good source signal - again, makes sense because there's a cut cable. Okay great, sir, can you please try to reset your receiver and tell me what happens? I explain to her, please stop reading off of our dumbed down check list and listen to what I'm politely trying to tell you is the issue. She giggles and says okay great. Now can you do me a favor and look on the back of your receiver to ensure that all lines are firmly screwed in? I wanted to throw the damn phone and just said is your fuccking head screwed in firmly? Listen to what I'm telling you! The bitch tries to ask me since I already have the protection plan, do I want to upgrade it to the Premiere level in order to cover damaged hardware other than receivers. For only $12/month more? I politely said no, I just want to utilize then one I'm already paying you for and have a tech come out here and replace my buried line. She puts me on hold and comes back 4 minutes later and says Okay sir, unfortunately I'm not able to troubleshoot the problem from my end any further, looks like I'll need to set up a service call for you in order to resolve the issue.