Originally posted on 09/16/2016:

I've been pretty open over the last 5 years about my addiction to opiates. I did so in part to document how I felt at times, and to re-read those threads at later dates. Part of it was to get opinions on addiction and see what most thought about it because as Im sure you can imagine, its not something you bring up at work.

It really is amazing what documenting (or journaling, if you're a phag) can do for you when looking back. To re-read my thoughts years ago, my feelings, my emotions, it's powerful. I read things I cant believe I wrote, I can tell when I was sober and when I was fukked up, the difference was probably easy to see for everyone, except me.

So I've decided the time has come to move on.

One of my favorite quotes about stopping an addiction is that "Stopping an addiction is not as simple as just stopping, its about having a reason to create a new life in which drugs or alcohol won't be a part of that life"

I now have that reason, she is beautiful and worth every bit of it. She deserves to have grow up with a parent that is not an addict, functional or not.

So today is day 10, and its been hard. My emotions have been a roller coaster, I've been irritable, hardly sleep, terrible diet, my life is changing from one where I was constantly numb and didnt give a fukk about anything, to one in which I again have to learn how to manage my emotions.

If you have experiences, by all means please share. If you can offer support please do. If you want to criticize and call names, go fukk yourself, and then say your peace.

Day 10.... Not an easy day, but one that will be gotten through.