Originally posted on 09/06/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by matrix1022 View Post
Sir ,I'm a veteran !!! You don't Stand ,Respect ,Love our Nation ,Get the Fuk Out! Your a disgrace to Live ,Work and Stay in our country of The United States! Leave your money made here , Get Out ! I will make sure every VFW hall wants him out !! I have no respect even to mention his name !its worth shit!
One of the all time ironically stupid posts in the history of the Internet. Bravo.

Amazing how in all your misguided patriotism, you completely missed the whole point of this country. The reason we are the greatest country on earth is freedom. The freedom to believe whatever we want, as well as the freedom to protest. His being allowed to sit the national anthem in protest without getting thrown in jail or facing an execution squad is the magic of the United States.

You as a veteran are embarrassing your country right now. You didn't serve so that Kaepernick has to believe in the same crap you do. You don't get to jump on your military high horse and let everyone know that you served and therefore they better do blah blah blah. Doesn't work that way. You served so that he could continue believing whatever he wants. You were literally risking your life so that he could continue having the right to his own opinion. That's the whole fccking point.

How did you not know that this whole time? What did you think you were fighting for? What did you think you were defending? The anthem? It's a song. It means nothing, regardless of what it symbolizes. You were defending freedom. Try to remember what that means.