Originally posted on 03/07/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
I've been a political junkie for decades now. So much drama is involved with trying to be elected, one party trying to get over on the other, and all the childish antics used by both sides to sway voters who just live for sound bites.

I was just chilling at the house yesterday, watching a spring training baseball game, just enjoying the peace and serenity of the day. During a commercial I switched over to one of the news networks, and saw the normal bickering and name calling you see from almost all of them.

I just don't understand why these guys are programmed the way they are. Why are powerful positions so important to these people? Are these people that seduced by being in control? You have two candidates that are 69, and one that is 74. They probably have less than 2 decades left on this Earth. They aren't going to live too long after their terms to see what they improved or screwed up. Yet, we will be forced to live with it.

I know I'm just rambling on, but this for some reason began to bother me. Do these people feel like they are filling a personal void by controlling the general population? Are they so consumed with attempting to steer our destinies as Americans that they can't stay to themselves and do their own thing? Gosh, I wish we had term limits across the board.
Look around, it isn't just politicans, this is the norm in society these days. The country has been torn apart by greed and self loathing. Everyone wanting a piece of the pie even if they don't deserve one but will push someone else out of the way to get what they consider "theirs". The belief in helping each other to work for a common goal is almost gone as most would rather bitch and moan about what is wrong with America instead of solving the problem.
I have to think our founding fathers would be shaking their heads in pure amazement about how pathetic things have become. If your #1 argument as a elected official is nothing is getting done because of those republicans or democrats then you should be fired immediately. Hell people working at Walmart get fired for not being able to work together so why should be any different if you are one of the people in charge of the United States? It's pretty hard to better the country when people elected to these positions cant put their own petty shit aside, such as a title, and actually accomplished something. But I guess I can't be totally shocked because it is the same way in everyday life amongst neighbors, co-workers, and many families. The only thing that is going to save this country and world is for people to pull their heads out of their asses and take one minute to consider the welfare of others before themselves once in awhile. Until then no one can expect anything to be better.