Originally posted on 01/20/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
But you cannot claim to know EXACTLY how that happened. No one can. Many of God’s works are done through mechanisms we understand.

Not trying to argue Freeze, I know the scripture, and it goes further, and we know it does. How did the lowly dust get there? God spoke it into being. Well we now know there are a whole lot of things that comprise the things that comprise dust. And we know how some of those things are formed in our world. We know the mechanisms created and used by God to make them happen.

We also know that there are things we do not know. We've discussed this with thought of stars and "star dust" in the past.

To judge by the fruits I can think of one of many examples of ministries that send people around the world in the name of spreading the gospel. Many of these men and women learned their craft with an understanding of accepted scientific theories (whether true or not) and don’t just practice a job, but use their God given talents while conducting evangelical work.

Perhaps they are misled or deceived, but to the extent of what type of fruit falls from the tree, it’s a tough argument to make. And perhaps there are different kinds of healing, but by all evidence, it stands to reason the doctors I know who do this type of missionary work are led by the Lord.

We know the scripture, faith and hope are important, but none of these gifts are worth anything without love.

1 Corinthians 12:8-10New International Version (NIV)
8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues

1 Corinthians 12:28New International Version (NIV)
28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues.

I put in bold “miracles” because it seems with this example miracles are relative. What we often take for granted can be a miracle in some communities worldwide.

Sure it goes deeper, but in general, we are just vessels, clay pots, dust, temples for the 7 Spirits and HOLY SPIRIT of God..