Originally posted on 01/18/2016:

Directed at the article, not you Cooch...

I've never been a fan of this argument, just because it's never done right. You'll see this with the leftist agendas -- "We should do this, and this, and this, because it's really unfair", yet they have no idea how to do it, and everything they do try to come up with wouldn't work anyway.

You take the good with the bad when it comes to capitalism. There's no perfect system.

- Raising wages would F over a lot of small business owners who are not rich.

- Overtaxing the wealthy would just mean they'll take the super high taxes they already pay to a different country that doesn't tax their balls off. Then you lose their tax money too, and it's a lot.

- "Inequality" needs to be defined, or you're going to be giving a lot of free shit to a bunch of lazy failures, thus setting a bad example for these "future generations" they're so worried about. Do not incentivize failure and bad decision making!!

- Gender equality is a whole other thread topic, but nobody EVER takes the time to present both sides of this argument, and there are two very clear sides.

- Some lobbying is good. It gets programs that would normally be ignored the things they need. It took me awhile to realize this too.

"We need to DO something about this". Eh, maybe. What you NEED to do first is stop generalizing and map out how exactly you plan on changing this. Until then, stop whining, you're accomplishing nothing -- except for a lot of whining.

For now, I'm going to work on being part of that 1% instead of complaining that I'm not. And if you try to take my money, I'll go somewhere where you can't.