Originally posted on 12/22/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by SportsGEEEEK View Post
When I saw the Chiefs were only a game out of the division lead after Sunday's results, I took a look at Denver's remaining schedule. DEN lucked out, big time. Both remaining games are at home in Mile High Stadium. They verse the Bengals, Sunday Night. If Andy Dalton was playing I'd say Broncos lose and Chiefs would take 1st place. But, with AJ McCarron at QB they don't stand a chance. DEN will win easily. Then, the last game of the year, they verse the awful, injury plagued, San Diego Chargers. I expect DEN to win this game easily once again. They will end the season, 12-4. KC will finish 11-5 as I believe they win out also. Therefore, I believe the KC future bet to win the division is pointless.
This is ridiculous. How is this lucking out? Because their final two games are at home? They have two remaining home games BECAUSE THEY'VE PLAYED EIGHT ROAD GAMES. This is not luck. They got themselves this far despite playing at home only six times.

Because they get the Bengals with their backup quarterback? THEY HAVE A BACKUP QUARTERBACK IN. And he's been in muuuuch longer than McCarron, giving opposing teams waaaaaay more tape to figure him out.

Because they get San Diego? San Diego is a division team. They play them twice a year every season. The other two division teams they have to play twice a year are pretty good this season. Unlike Cincy or New England, who get to play Cleveland/Baltimore and Miami/Buffalo/Jets, respectively, twice a season lolol. Oh and those pathetic five teams I just mentioned are a collective 0-9 against the AFC West this year.

Point is, don't call Denver lucky because they get to close their season against a bad team and a great team starting a second string quarterback. Denver's schedule did them no favors this year. Aside from having to play the Chiefs and Raiders twice, they also got stuck playing the Vikings, Packers, Patriots, Steelers, and Bengals.

They're somehow a stellar 10-4 despite not having their starting quarterback for half of the season. Are you fccking kidding me? Lucky?

You should change your name because any respectable geek would already know everything I just said. Lucky. I'm sure.

It should also be noted that this is coming from a Raiders fan, and thus a Broncos hater. I just love facts more than I hate the Broncos.