Originally posted on 10/25/2015:

Bottom line: Peeps should be able to express their opinions to SBR freely w/o being named called "whiners" and "complainers" by administration (which has happened). SBR should always welcome an open dialog with its users on all aspects of the site; obviously it's their decision to take all feedback and to ultimately do what's in their best business interests... but rest assured, smart companies everywhere in all businesses listen to their customers, closely.

I've no doubt SBR has made some poker decisions based on the ol "oh, they're crying?... let's give them something to really cry about" motto -- and that's really been unfortunate and wrong-headed, IMHO. And, of course, having the courtesy to at least officially respond to direct questions posed by customers seems like a simple enough concept to grasp for any company. But......

Hey, I'm not Tripper but I'll answer your direct questions! (for shits & giggles)

1. Many changes could be made to make SBR poker more beneficial to all parties. Need someone that really knows poker to implement them.

2. Adding a 4th tourney would have been the best option (for us, the players)... but it's clear it wasn't the best option for SBR, for obvious added costs reasons. Fair enough. Going ahead and adding the slots was a good solution to an obvious problem, i.e., people that wanted to play weren't able to (dane hasn't been playing b/c, like others, he couldn't... and he clearly stated the reasons why. It's not like anyone has a birthright to play freeroll poker, but if SBR could make a minor tweak to allow more players that wanted to play the tourneys to play them, they should do it, and now have. SBR poker needs all the players they can get... not less.

3. Put me in the camp of wanting skill based payouts instead of participation payouts (as long as the total prize pool is equal). Like Tripper stated, it's how the rest of the poker world operates, and I personally loved the pay 5 outta 50 format we had in that earlier promo ('cept prize pool was less... not good). That was normal poker payouts in the normal poker world. FACT. No need for SBR to drive the shortbus in this regard.

4. Again, many changes could be made (rather simply) that would benefit both SBR & player. SBR is a long way from maximizing its poker product. But it's not a priority for them (as is their right), so......