Originally posted on 03/25/2015:

My dad is 84 years old. Unfortunately... he had a minor "parking lot" car accident in January. I get a call one night at 2AM from an odd phone number... I call it back... it's a hospital. I found out... it's my Dad... but he's ok.

They city impounded his car... and sent him away in an ambulance to the hospital. I was placed in contact according to medical records... as to the one who makes priority decisions for him. They first put him on some heavy drug used to treat Schizophrenia. After severe rashes were occurring on his legs, butt, and back... also considering his current condition.. which isn't too good... I asked the doctor... take him off of it. Now. He just looked miserable.... couldn't sleep... and tossing all over the place.

Good news is... after 7 days in the hospital... and plenty of rest... he recovered. Blood work came back negative... EKG testing negative... MRI on the brain... negative.

While this is going on... (in the hospital) my half sister who is the oldest of everyone... says... how come I'm not first on the list? I said... you want to be first??? Go ahead... thinking to myself she loves her Dad... she'll probably make better decisions than myself. But a man... knows his Dad. So, because I'm not going to fight with my half sister... I give the hospital permission for her to "take charge."

The head doctor at the hospital declared my dad "OK". Meaning... no disease... he claimed... the MRI report showed "common old age" for a 84 year old man. But, I will require your dad to go to a rehabilitation center (which is like an old folks home) for 30 days.

My sister decided on a location in which is 5 minutes from her house... and 35 minutes away from my house. Fine whatever. I've seen my dad about once a week... just to check on him. Yesterday, my Dad said... I want to come home with you. I don't want to be here anymore.

Now, previously I contacted the social worker who is in charge for all patients at the facility... I left a message on her voicemail... and she never returned my calls. So... yesterday I went to see my dad... and I spoke with her. She didn't want to say one word to me? I'm like WTF to myself. Like, what did I do? I said mam... my father would like to leave now... he's past his 30 day period. He's on zero medication... and he's fine. What is your problem? She goes... you aren't priority #1 on my list. Your half sister is. I said... what? She goes... you father is not mentally stable according to our staff doctors. I said I could get a power of attorney in one hour and it would override my sister's Guardianship papers... The social worker goes... no it doesn't. I've placed your dad on a list and he isn't mentally capable of overriding what a judge has ordered. She goes... if you get loud with me one more time... I'll call the police and have you removed. I said.. wow... you're a ridiculous woman... have me ejected so I can't see my own father? I understand him... I know what he needs. He just told you verbally he wants to go home.

So, she called the police on me...

6 squad cars showed up.... basically had the entire city's force after me.

It's such a sad situation. My dad doesn't understand what's going on... but I believe my sister is doing this to isolate him away from reality. She wants all of his assets. Greed sucks.