Originally posted on 12/24/2009:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
If you're hitting 54% betting a lot of sides and totals, you're a god.

For everyone else, your max bet should be about 3%. If you don't have a method to compute your edge on your big bets, your max bet should be no more than 1% (or you shouldn't even be gambling).
I agree that hitting 54% make you one of the few who can make a couple of bucks, but the truely successful gamblers are going to it 57% or more. Now granted there are not a lot of people who can average out to 57% over a given period of time (5 years or longer), but there are some of us who can, and we are the people who consistatly take money from the vast majority of gamblers out there. Like anything else, there are peaks and valleys. This year, our syndicate will hit over 60%. Next year, we may be lucky to break even. But over a period of time, we average over 58%, and that is profitable. Remember, if you truely want to be successful, patience is a key ingredient. Patience, and a constant urge to make yourself a better 'capper by reading and determining who may know something you do not. It could be a simple fact about a game, or it could be an entire system. There is no substitute for knowledge. No one (and I have known some of the greats) hit 100% of the time. All the greats that I knew always had a thirst to learn more about their profession.