Originally posted on 01/18/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
Doesn't matter what SBR offers with Poker or even just other contests. People will always find a reason to bitch.

Absolutely embarrassing.

If you don't like this contest - go to another forum that offers one that suits you better with their poker software.

Oh wait... you won't bloody find one, now will you?
Other than a couple of posters, I don't see this as complete bitching. Most of the posters are actually giving opinions, and concerns. I think its great that people post repercussions they feel might take place with the tourney format change, or if the prize is really worth the effort over a 3-4 month period.

I understand there are not any other sites out there like SBR. I get it. I love this site. I find myself here at least 2-3 hours a day, whether it be playing poker, posting, or going to the sports book. My wife allows me to do this because she sees the prizes I win.

I'll admit that I don't know a lot about what makes a successful website. I don't know anything about the dynamics on how it becomes profitable. The only thing I do know is that traffic has a lot to do with it. To keep that traffic going, you have to be innovative, and "WOW" the public, so they keep coming back. Part of that has to do with listening to the folks. There are a lot of smart posters here that might be able to produce ideas that could be used down the line to continually improve your product. You're going to have bitchers at anytime, but I don't know if I totally agree with the "Take it or leave" approach. You never know when the day will come when someone else does offer what you have to give, and how you handle things while you are on top, determines whether you keep the folks, or not.

Anyway, thanks for the contests. I know it takes a lot of work to put these things together, and it is definitely most appreciated. Let's keep the good times rolling!