Originally posted on 12/31/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
Lolz. Yep, if there is a god, he's a fcking jerkoff. Assuming he's all powerful as we're lead to believe.

religion was ridiculous for me since a young age, because whenever I challenged what i was being taught, I was usually told some form of "you just gotta have faith". I'd always give the same "do you think I'm fcking dumb, i know you don't believe this shit and are just looking to rob some cash" look.

you know you're on thin ice, intellectually speaking, when you can't satisfy a 5th graders question of "how isn't this a huge scam just like Santa, it's Santa for grown up, be good or Santa won't bring you shit, be good or you won't float off, and while you're at it, kick over 10% of your salary, oh don't worry, you'll get that back 10x over when you float off?"

obv scam is an obv scam. I went to some crazy ass church though, they'd talk in 'tongue', they'd try and touch you to knock you out. I tried to get 'knocked out', didn't take. Maybe because I wasn't a 'true believer'.

my grandmother, who used to be half a drunk, took to the bible thumping, tried to convert me, gave up after she told me about how god came to see her when she was trying to quit drinking. She looked devastated when I asked her if it was possible that it never happened, and was likely a delusion from alcohol detox.

i think it's ubsurdly narcissistic to presume you're so fcking special that god came to you. Out of all the unanswered prayers, what makes you so fcking special?
Gods not about taking your money, show me a verse in the Bible, that's prosperity gospel, and I agree if I left it to any one man... I wouldn't believe either.. We have all sinned... God is not a scam, I tell you the truth. How is doing good and righteous a scam ? You are special to God, you just don't know how special... As for unanswered prayers... Some might have to learn how to pray, this is how we should pray..

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.