Originally posted on 01/02/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
^lets hug it out d2d...I don't give a fukk about someone's opinion who doesn't vote in my state or county so we should be buds...you have your opinion and I have mine...yours doesn't matter, where I live, so let's at least agree that proper gun education is more bennificial than banning something one has no clue about...

Are there any AMERICAN citizens that have an opinion on this matter?(jj doesn't count bc his account is posting from a third world country)...

From what I can see, posters from the US can appreciate our rights more than foreigners do(not a shocker)...

I want to hear a Texan who is anti gun rights, time to argue with someone who's opinion can actually have an impact on my life...
Born and raised in Oklahoma. At this point in my life, I tend to agree a bit more with D2D than yourself.

The fallacy to your "ban bats and tools and knives" argument is that all of those those items primary use is something other than killing. To ban everything that could be used to kill someone is an elementary argument, society would shut down. But to ban guns, although you won't agree, is much more reasonable. Guns are designed, manufactured and sold for one reason, to kill. That's it.

And that's why when a 2 year old shoots and kills his mom in Wal Mart, you get this reaction. This discussion.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if the US banned all firearms except hunting guns. But I'm not going to go out and lobby for it.

I would 100% vote to ban semi-automatic assault style rifles for civilians to own, like the AR-15. I don't believe owning those types of guns make us any safer but the exact opposite. They were designed for the theater of war and that is where they should stay.