Originally posted on 12/05/2014:

I don't think you can take Travis Browne at these odds, in fact I'm really started to like the line for Schaub. He is on a 3 fight win streak (no doubt in my mind he beat Arlovski and did so pretty easily) and he knows this is the best chance he has to catapult himself into the top 5 and be one fight away from a title shot. Browne on the other hand views this as a step down, is coming off a loss in which he looked hopeless, has changed camps from Greg Jackson, one of the most respected trainers in the game, to someone who has 0 success with heavyweights or males in general.
Also, all of Schaub's losses are big time right hooks over his guard that knock him out clean. All in the first round and correct me if I'm wrong they were all single shots that came more or less out of the blue and not after a sustained domination on the feet. Travis Browne has no clean KOs in this category that I can think of. He knocked out Gonzaga and Barnett with vicious elbows as they were going for takedowns. He knocked out Allistair by using his Chin and waiting for the Reem to give up and he cleaned Struve while he was making a silly charge essentially running his chin into Hapas hands. Dont get me wrong, Hapa is a heavy hitting and tough to hurt heavyweight. However, I believe Schaub to be a smart and studied fighter. He isn't going to make the mistake Gonzaga and Barnett made pushing him up against the cage. He will pick his spot on the takedown and give up on them immediately if they aren't working. I think hell only look to score a takedown following a Hapa kick. We also know from Metamoris and the Arlovski fight that Schaub is not afraid of making a fight as boring as it needs to be to gain his advantage hell be moving on the outside and may be able to stiffle Travis enough to take a tight decision. At +250 or higher ill be making the play