Originally posted on 11/03/2014:

^
Me? Little over 40, while it's true I am a registered republican, I have crossed party lines a lot of times.
Most recently local here in Fairfield County for a black woman, democrat, who owns a home one street behind mine, who I chat with every now and then when I walk my dogs. She has a pair of puppies too.
Her platform was and is get the minorities educated in a trade, plumbing, auto mechanic, whatever, she calls it trade education. Which I am so on board with too. Get kids off streets and learn a trade. She is also into women's causes, like cancer and what not, which my wife is into, she's smart, street smart, and loaded with integrity. I almost cried when I saw the election results the next morning.

My dad was 40's-50's democrat, democrat his whole life, but those democrats were different then this crop. He was 30 year military engineer, one of the best there ever was, which is where I get my computer/math genes. It's also where I get my confidence/border line cockiness from. Having said that, as good as I think I am, and I am that good, there is always, always someone better than me.

There is nothing wrong with change, but I subscribe 100 percent to the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" philosophy. Change for the sake of change is counter-productive.

Right now, and for years, there has been nothing on the national level on the democrat side that makes me take notice, not even close.
And the republicans on the national level has not been that great either.
Daddy Bush was OK, W's first term was OK, second term was, I don't know what the fuk that was to be honest.
Reagan was my man ! While I hated Clinton when he was in office, looking back on his run, he did some things right, some not so right.

Obama is a train wreck, has nothing to do with black or democrate, he's the least prepared man in the room while being the most arrogant, has no clue, clueless. Wants rich mans money and give to poor man. Uh-uh, doesn't work like that, if you are legit poor, need government help, OK, I'm OK with that, but he's not all about that. He's has a genuine dislike for rich man.

I'm all about big business, big business employs, they (almost all of them) give grants for education, etc. etc. etc.

Anything else? Just ask.