Originally posted on 08/26/2014:

I have to weigh in on this one, EP. Women's tennis is inferior in every way to men's tennis (unless you love catty bitches with skimpy outfits staring each other down in between points where they try to out-grunt each other) which is not to say it is not entertaining or even exciting. Is it a form of entertainment? Sure. Is it a sport? Maybe. Is it a sport played at highest level? Certainly not. Women's tennis is to the sport of tennis (in terms of its caliber) what the special olympics are to the olympics. And if you don't like that analogy, how about this one. Say a group of dwarfs got together and created a tennis league, and then played matches as well as they could for dwarfs of their size. Would you watch it? Maybe. Would you call it entertaining? Maybe. Would you ever consider putting it on primetime as a featured match at the USO? Certainly not. The freak show called women's tennis, featuring a buffed out Serena (full of roid rage) against Taylor Townsend (full of twinkies and cupcakes) is a bit of a farce, if you ask me. In this regard, I have to agree with Simon.