Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=22037625'>posted</a> on 06/11/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
This case involves an international bank transfer which was reportedly sent. The player is saying his bank did not receive the transfer. We will report if we learn the results of the trace as PaddyPower becomes aware from their finance team, but to reemphasize what others have said, electronic eWallet payments are preferable to avoid the occasional headache with intermediary banks and the like.
I call BS on this one. You can't tell me that the entire world's commerce, which runs on bank transfers, is the problem here. Following your logic gigantic multinational companies like GE, Nestle and the likes should have a whole department for dealing with "lost bank transfers"... The only lost bank transfers are "the-check-is-in-the-mail" type...

As far as ewallets being better than bank transfer, are you kidding me??? Ask the thousands of people how convenient it was when Neteller froze US accounts or is your memory all too short? Or the multitude of ewallets that came and went with people's money. Or the additional verification processes with the ewallets, at this point you may as well post your DL and SSN on your facebook...

I hope the guy (bad English and all) get his money. Sounds like a run-around by Paddy, since they have recently stopped serving his country - why rush to fix the problem? It's not like he'll ever be a customer again? Bad customer service, no doubt.
Pisses me off, because I had to go through the same $hit with a bookie, dicking around for 2 months with "the wire was sent" only to find out in the end that it was never really sent, but the processor took off with the money or some ish. Typical bookmaker BS.

Don't understand why fellow bettors are gangin' up on the guy, when they'd be the first to whine on the forum if it happens to them