Originally posted on 05/16/2014:

I've been a sports bettor daily for the past 12 years. I've only just started profiting over the past 2 years. My advice is if you think you're going to tail someone and win, it's not going to happen. The only way I've ever been successful is by finding the worst cappers and fading them. I have 5 off shore accounts and I stay disciplined and only play the plays I have assigned to each book by fading the following:

1)Hondo - Free
2) Mighty Quinn - Free
3) Jim Hurley - Inexpensive
4) Brandon Lang - Plays are posted in forums such as this 65% - 75% of the time.
5) Fun book for once in awhile personal plays or if I see a capper that is doing well or not so well and I want to fade or follow. Only capper I've ever really tailed is Indian Cowboy in basketball. Stevens has recently been a great fade but I doubt his plays will be around forever.

Good luck on your search. No matter what you decide to do the number 1 key is discipline. I only ever flat bet, no matter how tempting it may seem to play heavier on 1 game. This will allow you to better withstand cold stretches that are bound to occur.