Originally posted on 03/27/2014:

We shouldn't be surprised. Both the GC and Department of Culture, Media and Sport can dress up their position with elaborate turns of phrase, anyway they like. The fact remains that both suffer from a pronounced inability to help protect innocent people from the clutches of rogue bookmakers. In the GC's case - bookmakers they license and receive annual payments from. If this is not a conflict of interest, then I don't know what is.

Meanwhile, the directors responsible for your lost funds remain unaccountable for these actions. Even if we gave them the benefit of the doubt in every way, the fact is the buck stopped with them. And as such the full weight of Australian Law should be applied. The question remains, will it? Or will they find a way to weasel their way out like many other so-called Australian 'high flyers' have done before them?

Those of you who have been following this episode for the past few months (in my case I've known about their practices for significantly longer), are well aware that Peter Lord has most likely been checking this thread regularly. This is indeed the reason Shari has limited her responses of late. The last thing we want to do is to give Peter Lord and Graeme White a leg up on potential new courses of action. In an ideal world, the investigative process would have been done and dusted by now. Alas, this is not the case, so we all have to take a deep breath and wait until we hear more regarding ASIC's investigation.

In the meantime, here's a message for you Peter Lord. You know who I am, and irrespective of what comes of you and Graeme White, I will always have the utter most contempt for both of you. I'm not sure if you still have access to your conscience, but if you do, I hope it ensures every night is a sleepless one. Because in the end, is screwing others for personal gain the kind of world you want your kids to grow up in?

I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of people whose money you have allegedly 'mismanaged'.