Originally posted on 03/03/2014:

Tonight's bit of (unsolicited) logic that I would like to share....

so I think it is safe to assume that pretty much no one in the world has ever heard of "Scotty Shiller" the handicapper besides visitors of these types of forums.... ok..

so this character Shiller gets created and the creator posts picks under the guise of being a paying customer...

these picks win (follow) or lose (fade) and people begin the value them (foolishly)

then creator stops posting, and people start asking for the picks because they want to fade or follow.

then we have one of two things that can happen, with the creator (Shiller) winning both times.
option #1 - some rube or mark steps up and pays for the picks. the creator has now made money from this scam, and rube or mark gets the picks and shares them.
option #2 - noone buys the picks. Shiller wins as he creates his card after the fact, and can accentuate his winning or losing streak to make the next days picks even more enticing to marks and rubes.

repeat both options as necessary and reap the rewards.

it is brilliant if you ask me. And no need to limit yourself to one character of course. More handicappers means more income potential.

Get in while you can, folks. This is nearing the end of the wild, wild, west days on the inter-nets. pull off all of this type of shit while you can still do it relatively undetected.

i'm tipping my Founder's Porter to all of you degenerate entrepreneurs out there.... get after it while you're young and ambitious