Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=21097498'>posted</a> on 02/07/2014:

People need to stop referring to European shops as 'books', 'bookies', 'bookmakers', etc. They're a bunch of greedy, dirty savages.

The best example is Bet365. How they are rated so high is beyond me. If you show you have any clue regarding the industry, you're going to be shown the door regardless of your wager amounts. I've never seen a book limit $25-$100 bettors so quickly, just because they're able to beat a closing line, grab a +EV play, etc.

I wish I didn't have so much time, money, relationships, etc. invested in Canada, because to be quite honest, I'd move out to Costa Rica and open a book, one that understands the art of bookmaking.

Books have no excuses for limiting so many winners in this day and age largely due to one extremely key component, the Internet. Any book can manage/limit risk with the extremely high volumes of liquidity at Betfair.

Everyone thinks that it's just phenomenal that sports betting is legal in Europe, and that it's so much easier, but reality is, if you have a clue, it's the same old bullshit that North Americans have to go through because these savages will limit you faster than you can walk out the door.

All the serious punters in Europe use Betfair, Matchbook, Pinnacle, SBO, etc.