Originally posted on 09/02/2013:

Okay might be a slight exaggeration but then again maybe not.

Recent medical discoveries (If you don't buy science you may stop reading now) seem to indicate that keeping a healthy mouth is much more than just saving your teeth. A healthy mouth may give you more protection against heart disease and even Alzheimers. Guys and gals if you have a loved one that suffered from A you know that you don't want to be given that news.

A recent article also just advised readers that a good habit might be to first brush your teeth with a dry toothbrush. Studies have proved that this small change will reduce much more plaque than regular brushing. I now first floss, then use a dry brush for three or four minutes and finally using a different tooth brush and toothpaste for another few minutes. I have been doing this for three or four weeks and can feel a real difference. Can't wait until my next cleaning to hear what my hygienist has to say. So it takes you an extra few minutes an extra two or three times a day, might be well worth it guys and gals. Take care of you teeth and it may mean a healthy heart and brain, not a bad trade.