Originally posted on 08/26/2013:

Mac I like your point about religion. While I myself don't really have much to do with it anymore, my parents raised me Catholic and took me to church every Sunday. I dreaded it but it was a norm in my culture and looking back I don't regret it. It taught good morals along with my parents being strict and giving me a good smack when I was legit out of line. I believe that a strong upbringing is a huge necessity for any striving society. Unfortunately in America, for many reasons, kids are denied it.

I'm a younger 20 something year old. I've had and still have friends of every race. I've been between middle and lower class (even now I don't see my parents and I don't make much but I'm happy). I recently deleted Facebook (drain on society). I stopped believing everything the media tells us. I read books. I own a gun but understand the laws and rules. I hate things and certain people at times but overall I want to help others and just see everyone get along and not hating/killing each other.

My family got hella screwed up but my initial upbringing made me who I am. A bit of religion and strict parents turned me into a good person in life. I just look at this younger generation and think about how much better off they would be if they just had some damn role models and could think for themselves...

Such a frustrating topic though