Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=19410542'>posted</a> on 08/18/2013:

Hey Bubbles.... I dont think he meant any disrespect by it .

As much as me AND my daughter naturally love water and swimming we will only swim in water that you can see in
or that is in a controlled environment.

My uncle and cousin both drowned in the same lake at the same time. They were on their job site and the house
they was working on had a big lake right by it. My cousin jumped in it to cool off and started swimming.
He cramped up and went under. My uncle drowned trying to save him. That really fukked our family up for a while.
Still does of course... but it was 15 years ago so the pain has faded. None of us fukk with water u cant see in
or lakes,rivers, anything like that from then on .

Another similar story is one of my buddies old friends walked out onto a rivers edge
with his son and walked forward so many feet to make sure it was only a couple feet deep.
His son was 2 years old and had a couple 7 and 8 year old cousins with him .
He sat his kid down and stepped a few yards away since he felt comfortable knowing that so many
yards out the water was only waist high to his 2 year old. What he didnt know is that even though he checked to make sure there was no drop offs in front of him there was one a couple yards
to the right and his son within seconds was engulfed into the murky water.

If you have any kids,nephews,cousins ALWAYS tell them to stay away from water you cannot see in .
The risk is just not worth it
No one can be saved if you cant see more then a inch in front of you because of the murky water.

Told these tragic stories because the OP's post affected me enough to share.
Always respect water and swim in controlled areas that you can see in .