Originally posted on 06/22/2013:

...living in an apartment overlooking skid row. You watch all the bums drink and fight and holler incoherently, laughing like hyenas as if anything they have to say is funny or getting angry and threatening mayhem as if anything they talk about is worth getting angry over.

You got the posers who for some cryptic reason want to try to fool others (and maybe even themselves) into thinking they are the second coming of Nostradamus. And the fanboys who think God invented betting so that they could prove their loyalty to their favorite player, or their favorite team. And the general meatheads who struggle to spell their own names correctly. (You can never tell if they are misspelling curse words to avoid the censor, or if that is how they actually spell them.)

And lets not forget the philosophers who want to discuss whether Jordan got on the team bus more athletically than Lebron ever could. (I guess they somehow base their bets on the answers to such questions.)

And the conspiracy theorists. If they lose money, there is no possibility that they made a bad bet. They don't make bad bets. The games must be rigged.

There has to be a better site, but those sites are probably kept secret so all the folks on this site don't get onto them and ruin them. Until I find one of those sites, I keep reading this one for that occasional scrap of intelligent thought that shows up maybe once in every 200th post. But even the sharp posters can be tough to spot because they are forced to lower the level of their discourse to avoid alienating too many meatheads.

For this past season, thanks to those few guys who posted something actually worth reading in an NBA betting forum. Good luck!