Originally posted on 06/10/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
Although I'm amazed that you were able to break the world record and read the entire piece in a mere 5 minutes, based on your feedback, I can't say I'm surprised.
No. I know because I've studied these arguments for many years. I've read Aquinas to william lane craig. Pick any argument you like in the list and I will show you its faults. I'll pick my favorite of them: Pascals wager.

First off, how can you possibly claim that these are all "effective arguments for god's existence using reason" when Pascal's wager has absolutely nothing to do with proving god's existence. The argument simply claims that we are unsure if god exists, ergo it's better to believe because if we're wrong nothing changes and if we're right we go to heaven. This argument is INCREDIBLY flawed. It effectively promotes the belief in god not because of any personal desire to reflect christian values, but instead purely out of the desire to possible save their own ass.

A fantastic rebuttal (not my own) is the atheist wager. Which states that if there truly is a loving and all-knowing god, then he will look down much kinder on those who lived their lives honestly and who did good deeds for others purely on their own merits and not for the sake of granting self-immunity from hell.

Again, pick any argument you like there and we can discuss it. The arguments for god's existence are all logically flawed and never "prove" anything. I know picking fights with the religious is difficult because they mostly have their minds made up, but if I can help others here to think freely and divorce themselves from ignorance then I should try.