Originally posted on 03/19/2013:

Quote Originally Posted by govolz View Post
I believe in God

to the non believers I ask this simple question

ok think about it like this and I hope this post makes you at least think about God

ok so bear with me... we have scientist and developers that can come up with anything now... touch screen phones where a device knows what you want it to do by touching the screen. we can send a spaceship to space with people in it... but Never not once in the world has an atom ever been created...

all matter in the world is made up of atoms... everything has atoms in it... so you mean to tell me that we can send people to space but can create a simple atom that makes up everyhting in the world?

so my question is where did the first atom come from? someone had to create it... right? so who created it? you cant answer that

see religion and belief in God is based on faith. People always say prove God is real. You cant that what the whole religion is based on is Faith.

Science on the other hand is based on facts. In science even if you know something to be true by hypotheis but cant prove it then you cant call it a fact its a mere myth.... Scientist with every mind blowing things they can do today can not tell you where that first atom came from....

next

lets say you believe in the big bang... this is funny to me...so you mean to tell me that you think that theses masses of rock... (which are made up of atoms that you cant explain where the first one came from) collided together and over time this world that is so complex was created?

third thing

Evolution... evolution is a fact... no way around it... its a proven fact... but did you know the man that discovered evolution Darwin was a Christian and believed in God? When Darwin brought his findings to the town people they didn't want the other people to believe it so they made it out that he thought we came from monkeys... which he never once thought that... He was a Christian and def believed in God
The Big Bang theory is not a joke, any scientist could explain this to you. It's easily the leading theory on why we have an expanding universe; it's why we can date the universe itself to ~14 Billion years old. How do we know this? Because everything is flying away from a single point. A simple Google search could show you this.

Secondly, Darwin was NOT a christian, nor did he have a death-bed revelation. "Though reticent about his religious views, in 1879 he responded that he had never been an atheist in the sense of denying the existence of a god, and that generally "an Agnostic would be the more correct description of my state of mind." A simple google search can show you this. (Yes he was raised as one, and went to church for a long time, but later in his life he considered himself an agnostic. For his time, it's amazing that he WASN'T a christian, as that was considered heretical back then.) Also, Darwin NEVER said anything about humans evolving from monkeys because that is completely correct! (http://science.howstuffworks.com/zoology/mammals/monkeys-vs-apes.htm) We have a "common ancestor" with APES, not monkeys. (Hominid, or "Great Ape"... Homo Sapiens are a distinct species of Hominid.)

Lastly, the idea that because we cannot create atoms, therefore God must have done it, is a false dichotomy. Just because humans can't do it (which by the way, a simple Google search will show you you are wrong, yet again. They CAN create atoms, and destroy them, too!), does not mean that God had to do it. That's like me saying "because you DON'T love Oreo's, therefore you must love Hitler." These two things are unrelated. Just because YOU can't comprehend a way to create atoms, doesn't mean you immediately have to say "Magic did it!" If you were the leading scientist 400 years ago, you'd have just said "well, there must be god because when I drop this apple, it falls!"

Bottom line is, religious people just need to use Google, and they'd be enlightened. However, they are too scared to be shaken out of their entranced stupor that they never will learn to research things. So sad.

PS. In case you've never heard of Google (http:\\www.google.com) go check it out! Filled with TONS of information.