Originally posted on 01/03/2013:

books wont help, but if you dont believe me try searching google a couple of torrent sites, i am sure you will find many; and I said that because this is about you!

if you are made for this (can you take a loss, how about two, how about ten of them in a row without losing your whole bankroll and ripping yourself or your loved ones apart - finding the right strategy, the right games to make the money back and win some after that - it might take weeks, it rarely happens over night - with some experience and some extra cash on hand you will be able to pull the trigger and make some serious money in one day - but that will come much later, you will know when that time comes)

the goals you would like to achieve (short term - make a couple of bucks for a new cell phone, a night out or long term - pay the bills, own a home - living the dream)

how far can you go (brutal calls by the refs, last minute goals, canceled bets by the bookie, refusal to pay, many hours invested with little profit)

what are you willing to risk (treat it like a business, an investment - I am sure we all know how much it costs these days to open up a business so your bankroll must be close to that if you want something out of this)

to cut the bullshit, make a room available in the house where nobody is allowed in, put up a huge ass tv for the games, get a big desk to put a few laptops on, put up a poster with your goals, rules and guidelines and stick by them, deposit a couple of Gs in a couple of diff. accounts and start your research the games a week or a couple of days before and follow the lines before you place the bet.

dont forget a comfy chair, a little fridge with some beers and a toy gun by your side will help.