Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=17147642'>posted</a> on 12/16/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
Here in Pa we had an accidental tragedy. A father, with his young boy still in his car seat, went to a gun
dealer to sell his pistol. The dealer didn't want the gun. When he went to the car and put the gun down,
it went off hitting his son in the arm which went through into his chest.

The father tried to drive him to the hospital when his son stopped breathing. He pulled over and tried
CPR, didn't work. He called 911. When they arrived he was gone.

There was a bullet in the chamber, which no one decided to look, him or the dealer.

How would you like to deal with that?

My take on concealed weapons is, if you live by the gun, you will die by the gun.

IE: gun toting soccer mom and just recently, the mother of the kid who went on a rampage.
Guy shot his wife thinking she was an intruder. Guy shot his own son thinking he was an intruder.
The list is endless.

Yeah, everyone should carry weapons. That way you can blow away the guy who cut you off in traffic
or maybe blow the brains out of the shopper who jipped in front of you at the register. It does and could
happen.
Proper care needs to be taken with a gun

If someone tries to hand me a weapon without the slide open, I would draw down on them.

You better believe during inspections when I was on the job the magazine was open, and slide open when handing to a supervisor.

Revolver, bullets out, and weapon handed over opened.