Originally posted on 11/19/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by ilovewinning View Post
Hi guys, does anyone bet full time and not have a regular job? Id love be able do that!
I'm betting full time and I have a regular job: Betting. I see it as a big, serious business. It's a kind of investment. You're not so different then a trader/broker.

I'm doing it since 2009 November, 9 months before my wedding, lol. I must admit my first years were hard. But by time, you start to get used to it. I had very bad losing periods but these dark periods torched the light to success. Unlike many people think, failure is good. You learn from your mistakes. Success/Winning is dangerous because usually there's no self-critism when you're winning. Success canblur your mind sometimes, Failure/Losing makes you revise/modify your strategy/plan.

I'm betting since 2002. I was a novice/amateur bettor just like everyone in the beginning. I didn't had any serious profit in my first 5 years. I was a loser in my early years. By the time, I met new people and learn things from them, like the importance of money management, discipline and patience. I decided to educate myself about it. Let me underline this, Money Management is the key.

Before meeting my handicaper friend Pedro (from Portugal), I never had an idea like making a living from this. I thought it was impossible. However, I learned that there's people who are making a living by betting!

It was a dream job for me. Doing the job you like! But my bankroll was short. I started to save money for bankroll. I re-invested all my profits, never withdrawed any money from my betting bankroll.

Worked 9-5 for 5 years. It helped me to raise money fast. Even if you want to be a Full Time Bettor/Handicapper, work 9-5 for some time. You will understand the value&joy of being a Full Time Handicapper better..

Advices

*It can be really stressful sometimes. Think twice before taking this path. I'm happy with my life but I don't recommend it to anyone. You must have nerves (and balls) of steel.
*Don't forget that you're burning all the ships&bridges. Won't be easy to return business life if you change your mind later.
* Money management, discipline and patience are key.
*A large bankroll is a must. You must keep your head cool. You should not be worried about future during losing streaks.
*Make sure all your living expenses/needs for next 6-12 months are ready, waiting in the bank.
*Be social, make friends. Unlike people in office, we're alone when working. (Assuming you're not living in Vegas, lol)
*Don't listen to everybody. %99 of people who say they're making a living by betting are unemployed people who are living with their mom..specially in betting forums, lol.
*Pay for your health insurance.
*Plan your retirement.
*Don't tell about your winnings.
*Don't tell about your true job to everybody. You can tell about it to your close friends of course..but %99 of people won't understand you. But don't hide your betting activities from your wife, never. Make sure she supports/understands you in this path.
* Did I said Money management, discipline and patience are key? Masterize these skills!

Good luck!