Originally posted on 11/15/2012:

Having a major wagering issue that just came out of left field today:

Kelly: Hello, how may I assist you today?
Gimped:: Hey there
Gimped:: trying to place a bet on my account but it keeps saying max wager is 1000
Gimped:: but i have no wagers pending outside of a teaser
Gimped:: trying to get it fixed so i can place my bets
Kelly: Ok, which is the bet you're trying to place?
Gimped:: straight wagers on nfl and ncaa
Gimped:: and either way it says wager limit
Kelly: One sec
Gimped:: The Following Error Occurred: Max Wager Online Exceeded. Your Current Wager Limit is 1000 USD.
Kelly: Sir, those are your current limits. If you are looking to increase them you must email Jon at jon@betislands.ag
Kelly: He will look into your account
Gimped:: thats definitely not right, just yesterday i had teasers with northern illinois and still placed a straight wager of 1000 with no issues
Gimped:: so this doesn't make sense
Kelly: But the error you're showing me says that you're trying to place a bet over $1000, right?
Gimped:: no, just ANY straight wager
Kelly: Your current limit is $1000.
Gimped:: if i try to bet 500 on buffalo bills
Gimped:: i get same error
Kelly: I see, hold on.
Kelly: I checked with wagering, so far your limits are set up like that. If you'd like to increase them you must email Jon. Since you're using the Bills in the teaser, that's why the system is not letting you use them in a straight wager.
Gimped:: As of yesterday that's completely not how it was working. I had Northern Illinois in a teaser for 1000, a parlay for 250, AND straight bet for 1000 and had NO issues
Gimped: so unless my limit was just changed today??

Anyone else having phantom issues like this regarding wager limits being put in place or mysteriously raised?