Originally posted on 11/07/2012:

John, respectfully your position on the rights of the minority government is just silly in my humble opinion.

By that logic (and how the Republicans are acting), the minority has the "right" to stuff their agenda down the throughts of the majority by just digging in their heels until they get their way. No compromise.

Then in four years, the Republican right complains loudly how Obama and the Democrats have not been able to do/fix anything!

It is a self fulfilling prophesy that hurts your country as a whole.

In summary Obama had approx. 2years at the beginning of his first term to try and fix things but the economic environment was so horrible it was just not possible. After that, the Republicans came in with their Tea Party fanatics and dug in their heels to execute the over all plan to make Obama fail as their #1 priority (ref: Mitch M.). That is all. If the US has another 4 years of this minority based obstinance at fixing things in a collaborative manor, not only will Obama fail, I fear your country (and by virtue my country) will be in for a world of economic hurt nobody is prepared for.

Compromise takes two parties, not just the minority (nor the majority) forcing everything that they want.

My opinion, forget politics for the next 3 years and get your governments (all houses and parties) to fix things. Then start Politics back up and try to fix the broken republican party for another 1 year long election cycle!

Cheers and all the best!