Originally posted on 09/30/2012:

Something I overlooked in the post about Wagerweb on the main site states "SBR has attempted to connect the player with WagerWeb to resolve the situation through his bank; the player has been uncooperative"

When have I been uncooperative? I have NOT heard from Lou about this case since May 2, 2012. In an email to me from him he tells me "There's nothing we can do, they don't want to pay". Thats it, no more...I took it like a man and moved on with my life.

4 months later,someone explain to me how did it go from that to, I have been uncooperative in the report. Please tell me that statement was a misprint and should have read Wagerweb has been uncooperative because not only was I cooperative, but I was given only 1 instruction, which was to let SBR handle it and not interact with Wagerweb. The last correspondance I had with SBR on the matter was May 2...and what I wrote above was the only thing in the email. Which I took with a grain of salt and moved on. Now 4 months later Wagerweb gets upgraded and I am made to be a thief by them and uncooperative by SBR! Come on now, something is not right about this. Its not RIGHT at all.