Originally posted on 09/18/2012:

Datura grows everywhere in Costa Rica, and stay the hell away from it. It's called 'reina de la noche' (queen of the night). You make a tea out of it by slow boiling it in water for about 30 minutes. As for comparing it to DMT, you simply can't. DMT takes you to another world. DMT lets you see sound waves, etc. I'm somewhat of a psychonaut, and datura is the one and only that scared the hell out of me.

It's just this horrible feeling of delirium. Your motor control is 100% gone. Worse than any level of drunkenness you've ever felt. The room's not spinning or anything, it's hard to describe. Moving a limb takes a monumental effort. You will hallucinate, but you'll believe what you're seeing, and then you'll forget what you saw, then the next minute, you're confused as fukk, wondering why what you were just seeing isn't there anymore. It makes you question if anything is even real at all.

To me, drugs like dmt, acid, peyote, shrooms, etc., are meant to be learning experiences. Datura is just evil, plain and simple, and no way in hell would I ever touch it again. Beautiful flower though.