Originally posted on 09/11/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
Too bad that the best we can do for our troops is lip-service. No sacrifices on the part of the average citizen, well unless you fly on commercial aircraft and have to take your shoes off!
Everyday is the day for differing opinions, no? Isn`t that one of the freedoms our veterans have fought for?
Oh, I get it. Only when it suits our needs.
We had a chance to honor our soldiers by protesting and boycotting companies that made profit off of the war. So cut out the happy horse shit and roll up your sleeves by protesting or making sacrifices that show a true commitment to our soldiers and those that lost their lives 11 years ago.
Lastly, please, if the truth hurts please do not have children. We have enough weaklings in this nation as it is.

To those that will bash me - I have spoken to many soldiers who are bothered by the citizens of this country doing jack-shit, so they have very similar feelings.
Not bashing your opinion, but it does seem very biased for you to assume that those on this board haven't done or aren't doing more than just lip service as you state.

I am a bit caught off guard by your last statement. Do not have children if the truth hurts. Whose to say that every child born is going to be a weakling when they mature. It truly depends on how these children are raised not only by their parents, but also by their community.

Imo there are many ways to honor those that have lost their lives and those currently serving as well as those that have. One of the simplest ways that really takes no effort at all is simply standing up, removing hats etc when the flag and/or veterans pass in a parade and teaching children to do the same. Granted this is a small way, but having also spoken to many veteran's including my own family this is something that just amazes them that too many people have no respect at all left.