Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=15903216'>posted</a> on 09/05/2012:

It took me almost two years to finally ditch my old MLB systems and start, essentially, from scratch. That is why I had back-to-back shit years: I didn't want to abandon the systems that had DOMINATED for 3-4 straight years in baseball. I just thought I needed to "weather the storm" and I didn't want to be reactionary. (Because, again, those systems were MONEY for those first few years. And they were the reason people like Extra Innings, et. al started to follow me in MLB in the first place.)

I was slow to adjust to non-steroid baseball and I paid for it. Then this June I went back to New York for the summer to clear my head, as I always do, got there, said, "**** it. Just do your thing." And that's when everything took off. I'm playing the game much differently now and it is working.

I only say this to say that these last three months aren't really a "run". This is how I handicap MLB now. Is it going to always work this WELL? Well, probably not. But that $h*t show we saw the first two months should never happen again.

Let's see what we can see.