Originally posted on 08/23/2012:

well I wouldnt expect much from kids on here. Thats why they were all drinking in Vegas or at home playing with their peckers because they couldnt afford to do anything else because they dont have a pot to piss in.

There were more forums around in the mid 90s than there are now. But since most of you guys were just a jerk stain on your fathers pillow case back then I doubt you would know that.

As far as my database(s). I would say they are. I certainly havent seen anyone that can put up stuff or contradict stuff I post about games in it. Because if guys had it they would use it at least to try and prove someone wrong.

But if you have access to games going back to 1996 in some sports 2000 in all major ones, with opening odds, moves, and results and have it searchable with about 20 different parameters then you are off to a good start. I didnt do it myself, I had a couple college kids (back then anyway) do it. It took two of them because it took that long to put together and one of them graduated and got a life before it was all finished. Still isnt totally done, but close enough.

Math models... everyone claims to have one, I have a couple, but they really dont do much. Because they can never take into account everything. Some guys run multiple simulations as well, they can give a result that seems more likely but I havent sen any of those being fool proof either.

As I have said before if it was as easy as creating a program or a simulator then every math geek in the world would have broken Vegas 50 times over because math is math and it is all the same. Plug a set of numbers into an equation you all get the same answer. But everyone thinks they have a better equation. Which they dont. Analytic guys lack a lot of things you need for gambling, which they claim is their biggest asset.

In the end people write books about gambling for one reason, to make money. It surely isnt to help make people better. They get a reputation they get a publisher and then they pen a bunch of jibberish that people swear is gospel. There are a million how to books and manuals that show you how to build something or do something or make something. But you have to understand it to actually be good at it. Give 50 guys a Betty Crocker cookbook and have them make 20 dishes, I guarantee most of those 1000 dishes wont taste very good, but with someone that actually knows how to cook all 20 of theirs will taste good. Probably not the greatest analogy but whatever. And that is something as 'simple' as cooking. Nothing nearly as convoluted as gambling.