Originally posted on 07/20/2012:

Sorry about that jpag. It sounds like he escaped serious injury except for the wrist.

I don't think he will get too much. If your dad wins he will probably get the depreciated value of the bike, medical bills, money for lost income and possibly a few bucks on top of it. He may see 10-15k or so depending on how long it takes to heal. I wouldn't be expecting to purchase a vacation house with the money or anything. Most of the $$ will be to cover his costs incurred. The key will be how much work he misses because of it. Since he needs to use his wrist for his job he will probably get reimbursed for any work he can't do because of it so the amount of $$ will be largely dependent on how long it takes his wrist to heal. They will probably require a year or two of tax returns to determine the average income per month and go from there.

They are not going to say he lost $15,000 in work, bike and medical bills then throw $100,000 on top of that. They may tack on $2,000 for pain and suffering, but I would think that would be about it, if that.

good luck with it

hope he has a quick recovery