Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
So I go to the vet with my dog, and the girl taking him back said the short procedure they had to do was going to be about $20, and I already knew how much the medication was going to be.

I go to checkout, and sure enough what was said would be $20 was $34, along with the $50 or so for medication. Now I know there are high rollers on here, and $14 isn't life or death to me either.

I went ahead and raised a stink about it and had the receptionist retrieve the girl who misquoted. Of course now the whole gaggle of women there hate me now and I didnt get any money back because thats what it was in the computer. Just sick of this type of crap but maybe Im overreacting and I'm a sociopath, I don't know.

People used to get shot over stuff like this in the old west
Yes, you were being a dick. If you had planned to make a big deal out of $14 (or out of the fact that she didn't give you the exact amount), you should have made it clear that you wanted an EXACT amount of how much it will cost because you would flip out of the amount wasn't what they said it would be (whether because you are a cheap-ass, have OCD, Asperger's syndrome, or whatever reason).

You ****** your relationship with the vet and killed any possibility of ever ******* any of the chicks at that office, and for what? $14. In my book, that is -EV