Quote Originally Posted by rocky502 View Post
And then what? Force private businesses to restructure pay plans so it is more equitable? Tax the shit out of them like Emily suggests? Please explain to us how you would like the government to get involved in how private businesses compensate their employees from top to bottom.
I love how you equate "politicians with guts" to a paranoid rant about anti-business bs that the right has been pushing(while executive pay has gone up 725%, I guess that just isn't enough...)

In my parents and grandparents era you worked hard and stayed out of trouble and were able to buy a house and raise a family without taking on a mountain of debt to the banksters, anyone who was smart enough could go to college even if they had to work while doing so, and people bought things made by other Americans who were earning a living wage for an honest week's work. Oh and by the way, businessmen, ceos, and their shareholders were still rich. I think it was called the American dream or some crazy shit like that.

To the Ayn Rand cultists, the American dream is running a business, paying workers as little as possible(slavery and child labor were even acceptable for a long time, and they fought tooth and nail to keep them), only members of the lucky sperm club should be able to go to college, and poor people who get sick should die in the streets-as long as it's well out of sight from their gated community.

Anyone who thinks that the current income disparity is good for society or the economy needs to have their head examined-or split open.