SBR didn't really drop the ball with their chat, they dropped the ball with the whole mySBR platform. It's a shame they could never find a buyer for it, hundreds of coding hours down the tubes and four years of broken promises to posters about functionality and upgrades.

Now they have what they want with the chat room, a group of guys that are just happy to have a place of their own and too ignorant to understand that they're replacement players for what used to be a very special part of SBR. I mean, I make a dozen posts a month here at this point and yet I still have a half dozen ghosts calling me names for perceived abuse they received at our hands in SBR Chat.

The group that was ushered out was a special group of characters that offered SBR members the closest thing they could get to a live and interactive improv comedy show about gambling without leaving their house. That's why we're still loved and hated with equal measure by anybody who remembers how good the chat room here used to be, in spite of how lousy the technology behind it was. It's why people have sought us out even after we left, because the scrubs in SBR Chat aren't even a reasonable facsimile.

So JJ, when you question why it appeals to some people, you're only letting your own jealousy show. You like being the only game in town for SBR Comedy, and I can understand that. Just don't let us catch you talking down to us again, because we both know whose act is more stale in this fight.