I remember Paco's thread at the beginning of the year. Many of us were predicting 8-8, 7-9, 9-7, and 5-11.

This is an organization that's never been able to come through, disappointing fans each season. When I was kid, I would put a quarter in one of those vending machines and the Lions helmet would come out. I would toss it.

This was a team that plays in a high crime rate area and in a cold environment (watch one of Paco's video's). Detroit looked ice cold.

There have been real stars that have played there like Billy Sims. Unfortunately, his career was shortened due to injuries (5 years--this running back was fierce. You've had the great Barry Sanders. All of the talent in the world. He had a great career (left on his own terms) and had to endure playing on a loser.

The Lions could never get it right with QB's like Eric Hipple, Gary Danielson, Chuck Long, Rodney Peete,Scott Mitchell, Charlie Batch, and Joey Harrington .

You had Matt Millen making organizational decisions. You also play on every Thanksgiving Day. (Most of the time the Lions would major be dogs).

This year, you got off to a great start, a not so great mid part of the season, but you finished strong. 10-5 ---Definitely a great thing for a city that's dealt with adversity for decades. Talk about hard knocks--HBO should have the Lions on there.

A laughing stock no more--well done. I hope that your team goes far in the playoffs. They deserve it.--Will2-- I always felt sorry for this team. How must their fans have felt? Now you've got a winner