It really doesn't matter what democrats think about Gingrich as their opinions really aren't relevant (the same can be said about republicans and Obama).

With Gingrich, you are getting a man who is far more intelligent than Barack Obama who also has some skeletons in his closet. If Gingrich wins the republican nomination, I expect Obama to REFUSE to participate in any debate where the questions aren't pre-arranged as Obama is terrified of debating Gingrich as Gingrich would wipe the floor with him.

If Gingrich is the GOP nomination, independent swing voters will have to decide how much an individuals personal life should sway them on whether or not they can support that candidate. Clinton getting blown by Monica sure didn't seem to hurt him any but he was already occuping the White House.

I would love the republican party to make the following offer to the democratic party:
We are so terrified of a 2nd Obama administration that we are willing to concede the 2012 presidential election if you can convince Obama to step aside and nominate Hillary Clinton to take his place.

Even though Obama only has a 50/50 shot to win re-election, I would be willing to accept a Hillary Clinton administration right now because she at least has a clue about what shes doing and has done a fine job as Secretary of State.