Originally posted on 10/26/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
I agree with the OP on this one. 5Dimes Customer service has been extremely lousy lately. If he wants to go off and call everyone a C#$k#$cker then it's his right. The OP should be paid regardless. If they want to close the account afterwards... then it's 5Dimes right. Bottom line... don't Fu#$ with a mans money. Period. 5Dimes is making money on everyone... BS if they aren't. They should expect a couple of conversations to get out of hand. You don't Fu#$ with someone's money.

Come on now.

Do you think 5dimes is hurting that bad that they have to play games with this guy's 250?
Don't you think 5dimes would much rather pay this guy his 250 on time, rather than pay it 6 days late?

I would bet that 5dimes would LOVE to not have processor issues and that would delete these threads about them, giving them a bad rap. What these noobs don't realize is that ALL books have processor issues at times, and there money will be delayed a week or 2...BUT THEY WILL GET PAID....But these guys get all pissy as if this is there first cash out and this is going to happen every time, they don't realize processor issues occur once in a while, and they should just relax when they are told it'll be there on a new date...

Now if it isn't here Tomorrow for these guys after they were told it would be, and the processor issue is fixed...Then I see absolutely no problem with the bitching. But when an unforeseen accident happens and they have to delay, that does not seem like a valid reason to me; to create multiple threads bitching.