sport betting is digital, asset investing is analog...BUT the same philosophical/technical debate exists...between fundamental (ie. "value") approache and technical (ie. price-flow) approaches...

Successful investors acknowledge and exploit the validity of each (generally using fundamental-analysis to help decide the macro-level position to take...and technicals=line-movement analysis to provide micro-confirmation of it and/or to help micro-tune the entry level). Weather forecasters do likewise (using fundamental=seasonal-regression analysis to set parameters for a forecast and real-time data for the "rubber meets road" details).

Seems to me that LTA and NC are aiming toward such an eclectic, pragmatic integrated approach...acknowledging and using both the macro and micro features of the sport-betting market...

God seems to dogmatically deny the usefulness of real-time data anaysis...

I'll weigh in on the side of a soldier bearing two weapons vs. one and the weather forecaster looking at up to the minute data as well as seasonal equations. Such forecasts are much more robust/flexible. Ignoring real-time market- (or environment-)generated data opens us up unnecessarily to disaster. When real-time micro-movements are not-confirming or even refuting the fundamental models...they warn us from further committing to an increasingly-questionable fundamental decision...or even consider bailing out of or even reversing the position.

I think that looking for line-movement confirmation of our leans, as NC and LTA advocate, is the sensible equivalent to the asset player looking for a resumption of the trend he wants to exploit, after the counter-trend move that gave him a nice buying opportunity.

Maybe I've oversimplified God's message, but not as blatantly as he dismissed NC's (as "he's the guy who....")...