Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
How did the wealthy get wealthy? They were either born into it or SOMEONE showed
them how to become wealthy. I don't think it's an intelligent issue.

There are some pretty dumb rich people out there. Some live like poor hermits with
millions under their mattress. Some hit the lottery and the money is gone by the next
year. Sports players live like they are going to be getting their salaries forever.

There are probably more rich people who filed for bankruptcy than poor people.

Wealthy get more tax deductions than the average person, to avoid paying in.

It all boils down to the low man on the pole. They get the shaft and have to pay for
everything.

Voting? Too bad, you're stuck with what you got. Get over it. Power to the people!
I disagree with most of this post, but I'll just focus on a few points.

First, there is no big secret to getting rich. Its all about taking risks, and obviously finding/waiting for the ones that have the best chance of succeeding. Intelligence also plays a huge factor in becoming wealthy, its not just getting lucky and having someone teach you. It takes an incredible amount of drive and willpower to become wealthy (in most cases). Also, very few people are just born into it, to the point where they become Paris Hilton's and just party all the time.

Yes, there probably are more rich people that filed for bankruptcy, but that's because they know the value of taking risks. It seems that you're implying that the rich are dumb, lazy and lucky, whereas the poor are smart, hard-workers, and unlucky. As a whole, that is a ridiculous thing to imply. Sure, there are examples on both sides that fit that description, but I can assure you that most wealthy people work more than you can imagine.

Finally, the wealthy pay an absurd amount of the overall taxes in this country. 50% of people don't even pay taxes! Guess which part of the totem pole almost all of those people are on?